Minecraft is a video game that is based on sandbox. Mojang studios is the developer if this game. Markus ‘Notch’ is the one who has created the game which is a Java programming language based game. Daniel Rosenfeld is the composer of Minecraft. This game has honoured with the BAFTA game awards for Best Family and Social Games. You can play this game alone at an online platform with your smartphones or tablets or you can also play with other players online. It has become so popular and gamers love to play this game.
But the drawback is that nowadays a lot of users receives an error “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnect Exception: Connection refused: no further information” at the time when you are connecting with a server.
- 1 What causes the Connection Refused Error?
- 2 Solution 1. Resetting Internet
- 3 Solution 2. Adding Exception in Firewall
- 4 Solution 3. Adding the IP address in port
- 5 Solution 4. Delete incompatible software
- 6 Solution 5. Reset your modem/router
- 7 Solution 6. Use a Trusted VPN Connection
- 8 Solution 7. Reinstalling Minecraft
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Conclusion
What causes the Connection Refused Error?
According to the reports from a lot users, we have find out the actual reason of this error and also find out some solutions on how to get rid of this error. We have mentioned them in our article, so just carry on to article in order to find to the reason and solution of this error.
Some of the causal reasons of this error are listed below:
IP issue: According to reports we got from a lot of users Incorrect IP address or the listed port at the time when you try to connect with a server can be the causal reason of this error. The connection is forwarded by IP address binded with a correct port to the server. After approval of server your connection is successfully connected. You must edit your IP address after a time as you are using a rare IP address which you get assigned by ISP which get changes after sometimes and it may be possible that a lot of users have similar IP address.
Firewall: The another reason may arise due to the inhibiting of your connection with server by Windows Firewall (in case you are using it). You can try to add Java files and game directory with the Windows firewall list if you want to connect your server without any blocking.
Outdated Java: The outdated Java can also be the reason as it is mandatory for Minecraft to have an updated Java to work it properly. Your proper connection may be restricted in case there is an updated launcher and outdated Java in your device.
Incompatible Software: Sometimes you installs some software which are incompatible with Minecraft for your device and it may arise some issue if you are connecting server with this software. Even Minecraft has officially established a list of incompatible softwares with game and it may arise some issues.
Now when you are aware of basic reasons of the issue let’s have a look for the solutions of this problem. We recommend you to follow the solutions in the same order as we have provided.
Solution 1. Resetting Internet
Your IP address which is given by the ISP changes at the time when you reset your internet router otherwise you must have using an IP address which is static. In order to initialize your internet settings again and also the DNS cache then follow the below mentioned steps:
- First of all disconnect your Power Cord and wait for a moment.
- Now connect your power again.
- At the time when your internet access is granted then connect with server and have a look if you have successfully flushed off the problem.
Solution 2. Adding Exception in Firewall
Sometimes the Windows firewall may restrict the connection with your server and it can be the causal reason of this reason error.
In order to provide an access in your Firewall you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all you will have to select the Start menu and the Settings icon.
- After your settings are opened you have to select the Updates and security.
- Now click on the option Windows Security which you can find at theeft panel and then select Firewall and Network Protection.
- Choose the option Allow an App through Firewall which is present at below of page.
- Select the option Change Settings after that a warning will appear on your screen on which you have to click on Yes.
- Now some options will appear on your screen on which you have to click on Allow another app then select the option Browse.
- Now follow the direction which is provided on your screen by game installation then select your game and launcher executable.
- Now you will have to follow all the steps again which are mentioned above above and you also have to follow the instructions provided by directory where you have installed your Minecraft servers.
- Now open both the folders Maxwell and MinecraftServer one by one.
- Now you have to allow both Java present in the both the folders.
- Follow the same steps again but do not click on Allow another app you have to allow “Java Platform SE Binary” present in public and private network which is present at below of the list of available apps.
- Finally open your Minecraft launcher and have a look if you have successfully flushed off the issue.
Solution 3. Adding the IP address in port
Your IP address will change after one day or at the time when your connection of internet has been reset in case the address is not static. Let’s check IP address and correct port in order to play the game and then adding with the Minecraft launcher.
In order to do so you have to follow the given steps:
- At the Windows toolbar, there must be a Search bar in which you have to type Command prompt.
- An icon will appear, you have to right-click on it. Then click on the option Run as Administrator.
- Now type inconfig. Your IP address will appear on the screen. In order to remember it, you can write it anywhere.
- Now open the folder Minecraft Servers and then Maxwell Minecraft Server. Now your have to open the document Server properties and note your server port so that you can remember it.
- Most commonly the server port is 25565 but you should notice your own server port. It will somewhat similar with it.
- Then open Minecraft and go through the Play multiplayer.
- Click on the server of your choice which have to join. Some options will appear on your screen, from which you have to select Edit option.
- You can change the name of your server according to your choice but make sure to put the address which you have noted above. It should be IPV4 address.
- Finally you have to Refresh after clicking on Done. Have a look if you have flushed off the issue.
Solution 4. Delete incompatible software
Sometimes Minecraft servers may collide with your Software such as Virtual Ethernet may collide with Hanachi. You can delete that software or disable that software in that condition. Type this “inconfig” after successfully opening of Command prompt. A configuration will be visible on your screen as a Virtual Ethernet Connection with Hamachi. An address will be shown on your screen, note it anywhere.
Now you have to delete the Virtual Ethernet Software with Hamachi through Search panel.
You can now put the IP Address and and port number (as you have written it) in your Minecraft server in order to get rid of the issues.
Solution 5. Reset your modem/router
You can have the error of minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel in case your Modem/router is the causal reason of issue.
Follow the steps mentioned below so that you can fix the channeling Minecraft:
Switch off the router just for a moment and then reboot it. But in case if this process has failed to work, you can try to turn your router as new by resetting all it’s settings.
It will probably fix the error.
Solution 6. Use a Trusted VPN Connection
May the Minecraft is not eligible is the locality where you are living. In such condition follow the below mentioned steps:
You can get rid of the blocking of Minecraft by installing some applications which are trusted by VPN.
Or in other case if you travel to some other location you can get rid of this error. But it’s not practically possible to change your location just to get rid of the error so that you can try installing VPN trusted applications.
Solution 7. Reinstalling Minecraft
In certain conditions, the data that is provided for your game may get corrupted for any reason which can create the issue of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception
Reinstalling the Minecraft after deleting it can make you able to get rid of this error. This process will give your Minecraft a newly used experience.
A question can arise that how you can uninstall the Minecraft.
The answer is in order to uninstall the Minecraft from your device you have to click on the Control panel. Then select the option Uninstall a program and then click on the option Minecraft so that you can uninstall it successfully.
After uninstalling it you will have to install the up-to-date version of Minecraft in order to get rid of the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some users ask some questions regarding Minecraft and it’s issues. We have provided you with some of such answered questions in the hope that it can help you to solve your problems.
Question: How to fix up.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception?
Answer: You can try to add exception in your firewall settings or you can also add a new IP address and even try to install any VPN softwares in order to get rid of the error of io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception.
Question: How can I start my own Minecraft Server?
Answer: In order to start your own Minecraft Server you will have to go through the following steps that we have mentioned below:
- First of all you will have to install the JAVA in new version.
- And install the the new Software of Minecraft Server, then you have to configure it.
- Take a look on accessibility of your your server once you have started it. And yes you have successfully done it.
Question: How to let Minecraft bypass windows Firewall?
Answer: In order to start bypass Windows Firewall you will have to go through the following steps that we have mentioned below:
- Open you computer and go for the settings and look for the option Updates and Security, click on it.
- Now click on the Windows Security which is present at left panel. Now click on the option Firewall & Network Protection.
- Now click on the option Allow then a list of options will appear from which you have to select the option
We have provided you with all the informations regarding Minecraft and also provided the solution on how to fix the error “io.netty.channel. AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnect Exception: Connection refused: no further information”. You can go through the steps that we have given to fix the issue. We hope that you will be able to get rid of the error.