Kandis R. Majors and Terri Ann Seibeck

Tragically, the lives of Kandis Majors and Terri Seibeck were cut tragically short as they were trying to do good.

The deaths of Kandis and Terri, who lived together in West Frankfort, Illinois, are investigated on the Investigation Discovery special “Shattered: No Good Deed.”

However, in October 2009, their bodies were discovered with gunshot wounds following a heist.

Kandis R. Majors and Terri Ann Seibeck

If the truth were to come out, investigators would learn that the perpetrators had been roommates before the crime. Do you want to know what the hell occurred? Yes, you can count on us to help you out.

Read Also:

  1. The End of the World has Arrived
  2. Accident On Water Level Road Somerset PA
  3. Selena Star Christian Serratos Reflects on Filming Singers Death Scene

What Caused the Deaths of Kandis Majors and Terri Seibeck?

A native of Mount Carmel, Illinois, Kandis Rechelle Majors lived to the ripe old age of 28. Her cosmetology degree from Illinois’ John A. Logan Community College dates back to 2003. Kandis was a student at Rend Lake College in Ina, Iowa, working on a degree as an x-ray technician at the time of the tragedy.

And Kandis had a son, too. She shared a home with 32-year-old mother of two Terri Ann Seibeck. Friends and family remembered Terri as dedicated to her profession and always smiling.

They were always there to support those in need and give them a place to stay. This is precisely what they had been doing in the days and weeks preceding their deaths.

Terri was absent from work on October 19, 2009, and Kandis was also absent from school that day. They were also unreachable through telephone. That’s why Terri’s aunt came by to see how they were doing.

She was about to enter when she noticed blood on the storm door and contacted 911. After entering, police found Terri and Kandis dead from multiple gunshot wounds. At least five bullets hit Terri and four hit Kandis. They lost a vehicle, along with a bunch of cash and cards.

Can Anyone Explain What Happened to Kandis Majors and Terri Seibeck?

According to the investigation, just weeks before the murders, Kandis and Terri had allowed another couple to stay in their home. Until they found shelter at Kandis and Terri’s, Afton Ferris, age 19, and Michael Schallert, age 29, had been living on the streets.

However, Kandis and Terri found out the pair had been stealing from them, so things were not looking good. As a result, they were evicted from the premises.

Almost immediately after the murders, police in Fort Collins, Colorado, apprehended Afton and Michael, who both admitted to their roles in the slayings.

According to Afton’s confession to the police, they were going to pretend to be sorry in order to sneak into the house, shoot Kandis and Terri, steal their car, and flee to the south.

So, they waited until their guests left and then grabbed a Ruger.22 calibre pistol from a friend. Michael’s revolver was concealed in the rear of his pant leg, and the plan to enter under false pretences of remorse succeeded.

Michael then opened fire on Terri and Kandis. In addition, Afton said that Terri was moaning, prompting her to shoot her dead. In addition to the vehicle, the couple took credit cards, cigarettes, cash, a “marijuana box,” and an automobile.

In addition, Michael may be seen filling up Kandis’ car on security film from a nearby gas station. He used Kandis’ credit card to cover the cost.

Credit and debit cards in the names of both victims were later discovered in the grass alongside a Kansas freeway. The couple was eventually apprehended in Colorado, and this roadway was one of several possible routes there.

Michael and Afton both entered not guilty pleas. Afton informed the police that she participated in the crime, but that she lied to protect Michael and that Michael was the one who came up with the plan to kill them.

Her hazy recollection of that night stemmed from her drug use, she said. Afton and Michael faced charges in connection with the double homicide.

Afton Ferris and Michael Schallert Where Are They Now?

After a lengthy trial, a jury found Afton guilty on all charges in July 2011, including two counts of first-degree murder, armed robbery, and house invasion.

She was given a life sentence without the possibility of parole for the murders and three separate 50-year sentences that must be served consecutively.

The judge acknowledged the fact that she had a tough upbringing, but he didn’t think that justified her actions.

The things that happened to you as a child, he added, “I’m sorry for the life you’ve lived, Ms. Ferris, but they don’t give you a licence to kill or conduct crimes.

They don’t try to justify or downplay your actions. According to the inmate database, she is still an inmate at the Logan Correctional Center in Lincoln, Illinois.

Read Also:

  1. Realme 9 Pro Leaked
  2. Netflix shares fall 20%
  3. Japan Earthquake 7.3 Quake off Fukushima Sparks Memories of 2011 Tsunami

Michael pleaded guilty to two charges of first-degree murder in August 2011 and was immediately sentenced to a mandatory life term without the possibility of parole.

The agreements he made resulted in the dropping of charges related to the theft of a firearm, burglary, and home invasion.

To the relatives of the victims, Michael remarked, “Nothing I can say can bring Kandis and Terri back. I am fully deserving of the penalty I have received, and I hope this helps alleviate your mind.

Michael is currently spending time at the Menard Correctional Center in Randolph County, Illinois.