The error which is termed as “NVIDIA display settings are not available” is displayed on your computer screen when your computer is trying to inform you that currently you are not having a display which is joint to an NVIDIA GPU. You will be unable to access the settings of NVIDIA in case you are having a GPU display.
This error is reported by a lot of users and they are cases due to a lot of causal reasons. One of the reason is that you may have connected your display with a wrong port or it is causing due to the presence of an outdated or corrupted driver in your system. That’s why in this article, we will provide you with the solutions on how you can get rid of this issue. We will provide you different solutions which all are effective and started from easier one.
Note: Before proceeding with the solution that we have provided you below in this article, first of all go to the device manager by pressing the combination of keys Windows + R keys and type the command “devmgmt.msc”
By doing so, your GPU will get disabled and then enable it again. Your issue may get solved by doing so as a lot of users have noticed that this simple step can solve the issue.
Solution 1: Checking Display Connection
First of all you have to check that your display is connected with which port. Normally, there are a couple of ports in which your display may gets connected. It may be connected with whether Intel Integrated graphics or it may connected with NVIDIA graphics hardware. Mostly the users gets confused at this point.
Your display which is displayed as Intel HD graphics is integrated with motherboard of your computer. The display which is displayed at the below is attached with the hardware of graphics.
Take a look on the connection of your monitor in order to make sure that it is connected with graphic ports (which is also termed as discrete port as we have mentioned above in the article) of your system. Reboot your system once you have make the changes and check if the issue has resolved.
If not then move on to the next solution as provided in the article.
Solution 2: Changing the Adapter Output
In case if your display connection cable is connected correctly with the graphics card but still the error is showing, then you can try to use the Converter VGA to HDMI and also use the port HDMI on the graphics card of your computer. You also have an option to directly change the form of output. We can take an example as you can use a Display port at the place of HDMI or VGA. You can some of the combinations and check if it works and solved your issue. But still not then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Checking NVIDIA Display Driver Service
The NVIDIA is having a service which runs on your device and manage the driver which is know as display driver. Its main function is to give the support to operating system which is present in the middle of NVIDIA hardware and operating system. There are number of situations during which the service gets stopped and due to which your device becomes unable to detect the NVIDIA hardware in your device.
- Press the combination of keys Windows + R keys at the same time which will open the dialogue box in which who have to type the command “services.msc” and hit the Enter key.
- Now go through all the settings that you have provided and look for the option NVIDIA Display Driver Service. Once you have found it, click on it and then choose properties.
- Now in case if your Startup button is not highlighted then you have to set the Startup type. Click on Apply which will result in the highlighting of Startup button.
- After making sure that your service is up and it is going on properly then finally have a look if your issue has solved.
If you are still facing the issue, then move on and try our last solution.
Solution 4: Updating/rolling back Graphics drivers
During this solution, we will update the NVIDIA hardware by manuall or automatic method. Also we have to make sure to remove all the remnants which were present in the older driver which may arise issue by using an application DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).
In case, if this step of updating drivers is being useless for you then you will have to roll back all the drivers in their older mode. Because we have reported some situations in which the new updated drivers isn’t compatible with your device which may arise issue.
- First of all you have to install the application DDU. This step is not mandatory but by doing so you can make sure that no remnants of drivers.
- Now after installation, put your device on Safe mode and then launch the DDU.
- After that click on the option Clean and Restart. Now your drivers which are installed in your device will get uninstalled and also reboot your device.
- Now turn your device agin into the safe mode. Press the combination of keys Windows + R keys to open the Command box and type the command “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter key. Mostly, your default driver will install in the system against hardware. In case, if it hasn’t installed them you have to click anywhere on the empty space and click on the option Scan for the hardware changes.
- Now you can open the official website of NVIDIA to search for a new and updated version of driver and then install it from there. Or you can also make windows on work to install the driver by searching for available updates automatically.
- As per our recommendation, firstly you should try to update your drivers automatically. To do so, click on the hardware then click on the option “Update driver”. Now click on the option “Search automatically for update driver software”.
In case, you are updating the driver manually then you have to click on the option “Browse for driver” and go to the folder in which you have downloaded it.
- Once you have installed the drivers, reboot your device once and check if the error is no more.
We have provided you with all the possible solutions on how you can get rid of the error “NVIDIA Display Settings Not Available”
All the solutions are very effective and may differ for device to device. We recommend you to follow the solutions step by step as we have mentioned in the article. We are pretty sure you will be able to get rid of the issue.