Twitch is a well-known platform for gamers and streamers. Many big gamers started their journey from Twitch. It is owned by Amazon. It supports many functions as any other streaming application however there is a black screen error seen by many users in which whole stream just appear as black screen. Due to this error user can’t use it for streaming. In this article we are going to learn about this error and how to solve it as well.
What causes Black Screen in TWITCH?
Since TWITCH needs good internet connection more than anything. Hence most of the causes are related to internet. However it could be system fault as well. Here are some most common causes for this error.
- DNS Settings: DNS stands for Domain Name system which is used to connect any device to Internet. If your DNS settings are not configured properly then you are going to face network problems.
- IP Settings: IP addresses are very important for accessing internet if your IP settings are not configured properly then you are going to face network problems which will lead to TWITCH black screen.
- Hardware Acceleration: It is one of the most problematic issue. Hardware acceleration is the use of computer hardware specially made to perform some functions more efficiently than is possible in software. Disabling hardware acceleration might help you to get rid of this black screen error.
- Browsing Issues: Many times browser behaves oddly due to old cache and corrupted browsing data. Removing or clearing its browsing data should help you.
- Server Issues: Since Twitch is a streaming platform. It use lot of server data. If the server is having issues then you can’t stream anyway. You can do nothing about it. It is beyond your hands.
How can I fix it ?
There are many solutions according to the cause of this problem. As you have read above every cause needs a different solution. Here are some top notch solutions for common causes of this black screen. Make sure you are not using a VPN.
Solution #1 Settings Google’s DNS
As mentioned above if your DNS setting is configured badly then you won’t gonna be able to use TWITCH. In this method we will set Google DNS address and server. To setup google DNS address simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open Control Panel by pressing Windows key + R and type Control panel and hit Enter.
Step 2: Now click on Network and Internet and select Network and Sharing Center.
Step 3: Then select Connections and right click on your network adapter.
Step 4: Now click on Properties and locate Internet Version (TCP/ IPv4).
Step 5: Double click on it and tick Use this following DNS address and fill this.
- Preferred DNS Address: 126.96.36.199
- Alternative DNS Address: 188.8.131.52
Step 6: Click ok to save settings and try to start TWITCH again.
You have successfully configured Google’s DNS Address. If you are still facing the issue then your problem is something else be sure to check out all other solutions as well.
Solution #2 Turning Off Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is used to improve performance in some software(s) however due to this other applications become unable to use resources for themselves. If you turn off the hardware acceleration your problem could be resolved. In order to turn off hardware acceleration simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome and click on top right(three dots).
Step 2: Now select Settings from this menu.
Step 3: Now type Hardware Acceleration in the search bar.
Step 4: Now switch the toggle saying Hardware Acceleration to Off.
Now you have disabled Hardware Acceleration try to run TWITCH again. If you still seeing a black screen you should try all other solution as well.
Solution #3 Resetting Network Configurations
As I have mentioned above poorly configured network or mistakenly change settings can also lead to black screen in TWITCH stream. Hence we are going to reset the network configurations. To do that simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Press Windows key and type cmd. Right click on the first option and select Run as Administrator.
Step 2: Now the type in the following commands.
- ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
- Ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.
Step 3: Let the process run and finally restart your computer.
Now you have successfully renewed the network configurations. Try again to run TWITCH and check if the black screen is still showing up. If it is then try all the other solutions as well.
Solution #4 Checking the Router and Browser
Step 1: Open your web-browser( e.g Chrome or Firefox ).
Step 2: Enter your router default IP address in search bar and hit Enter.
Step 3: Now type in the login credentials and click on Login/submit.
Step 4: Now go to Firewall section and check if it is blocking something if yes then simply uncheck it and reboot your router.
Step 5: Now go to Settings of your browser and click on Site settings check if the java script is allowed or not. If not then allow it.
Step 6: Be sure to check if your browser is using a VPN or not. If yes then simply disable it.
Now check if the black screen is still there if it is still there then it could be the server’s fault. You can do nothing about it but just wait.
At the end of the article, I hope you have learned about Black screen error and how you can fix it. Just follow the solutions above to remove this black screen. Be sure to check if you have minimum internet speed required for streaming.