Arriaga, or Suzette Quintanilla, was born in 1967 and is best known as Selena’s sister and the lead singer for the band Selena Y Los Dinos.
The Mexican-American percussionist grew up in Texas, where he was born. She was the only non-musical member of the Quintanilla family until her father persuaded her to join the band and play the drums.
She currently manages the Selena Museum in Corpus Christi, Texas, and works for her father’s entertainment company, Q-productions Inc.
- 1 Origins and Early Years
- 2 Synopsis of Suzette Quintanilla
- 3 Music
- 4 Members of the Quintanilla Family, Where Suzette Belongs
- 5 Family Life with Suzette and Kids
- 6 Her Education
- 7 Descriptions of Suzette’s Body Type and Proportions
- 8 Her Profession
- 9 Suzette Quintanilla’s Wealth
- 10 Suzette and Selena Quintanilla’s Close Relationship as Sisters.
- 11 Conserving Selena’s Memory
- 12 Suzette’s Work on Selena’s Clothing and Cosmetics Line
- 13 A List of all of Suzette Quintanilla’s Various Online Monikers
- 14 Excellent Examples of Suzette Quintanilla’s Writing
- 15 Quotes by Selena Quintanilla
- 16 Advice from Suzette Quintanilla
- 17 Conclusion
Origins and Early Years
On June 29, 1967, Suzette Quintanilla was born in Texas. This Quintanilla is the offspring of Abraham Quintanilla Jr. and Marcella Ofelia Samora. Her dad was a songwriter and musician and always pushed his kids to take up music as a side interest.
She grew up to be an accomplished musician and vocalist; she is the middle child of her parents. She and her siblings had a Judeo-Christian upbringing.
Synopsis of Suzette Quintanilla
- Name: Suzette Quintanilla or Suzette Arriaga Full Name: (After marriage)
- Age: 53
- The 29th of June, 1967 is my birthday.
- Lake Jackson, Texas, U.S.A. is the place of birth.
- Women alone.
- Ethnicity: American
- Synonyms: Judaism
- Degree of education: unknown
- Our Dad‘s Name Is Abraham Quintanilla
- Marcella Samora, the mother
- Abram A. B. Quintanilla (the older brother) and Selena Quintanilla are siblings (younger sister, deceased)
- Bill Arriaga, Husband
- Jovan Arriaga, the kid.
- Drummer for Selena & the Dinosaurs
- As of the year 2020, her wealth is estimated at $3.5 million.
When Selena y Los Dinos were formed in the early 1980s, she resisted being a member.
- Subsequently, Suzette blamed her initial reluctance to join on her insecurity. Nonetheless, she joined after her father’s persuasion.
- Suzette’s brother was already a proficient bass guitarist, and Selena, Suzette’s sister, took on lead vocals, leaving Suzette to play drums.
- At first, this angered her since, in her mind, it wasn’t cool for a girl to play drums.
- As a means of subsistence, the band originally only played weddings and busked.
- As they progressed as a group, the need for extensive touring increased.
- In order to start his tour business, Quintilla Jr. purchased an old bus and remodelled it. During the first several years on the road, the family barely made enough money to put food on the table.
- Freddie Records signed Selena y Los Dinos in 1981.
- The first track from the upcoming debut album has been released, and the record label has begun advertising it in stores.
- The band’s debut album was released in 1984, under Freddie’s direction. The CD was completed, but after listening to it, Freddie Records’ president and owner told Abraham that Selena y Los Dinos weren’t good enough to release a full-length album.
- Because he wouldn’t bend, he parted ways with Freddie Records.
Members of the Quintanilla Family, Where Suzette Belongs
- Abraham Quintanilla Junior and Marcella Samora are famous musicians, and their daughter Suzette is a talented musician in her own right. Her family declared themselves to be Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- Her siblings are A B Quintanilla and Selena Quintanilla.
Family Life with Suzette and Kids
- Suzette got married to Bill Arriaga in 1993.
- Jovan Arriaga, their son, was born in 1998.
There is little known about Suzette’s formal schooling, despite the fact that she is a well-known drummer and intelligent person.
Descriptions of Suzette’s Body Type and Proportions
Suzette Quintanilla, with long black hair, is a 5 feet and 8 inches tall lady. Her weight is roughly 68 kgs.
- When Suzette was a teenager, she and her siblings began performing at the restaurant her father, Abraham Quintanilla, had built in Lake Jackson, Texas.
- She played drums for Selena Y Los Dinos, where her brother played bass and her sister sang lead.
- Her family moved to Corpus Christi, however, after they went bankrupt and were forced to leave their previous residence. Here, they helped bring in the bacon by playing at weddings, festivals, and street corners.
- Later, in 1984, her father formed the band Selena Y Los Dinos, who quickly rose to prominence with the release of their debut album, titled simply Selena Y Los Dinos.
- Till her sister Selena’s untimely passing, Suzette was a band member.
- After years of playing drums, Suzette decided to pursue a career in business instead and is now the CEO and President of Operations at her family’s firm, Q-productions.
Suzette Quintanilla’s Wealth
- Suzette Quintanilla’s staggering net worth of $3.5 million attests to the acclaim and financial success of her singing career.
- She continues to collect royalties from her years with the band and has focused her efforts on ensuring that her sisters’ honour is not tarnished.
- In this day and age, she may be found constantly updating her social media accounts.
- She puts out a lot of content and occasionally gets paid for sponsored posts.
- In order to keep her over 766k Instagram followers updated on her daily life, she routinely posts personal stuff.
- She devotes a lot of effort to the family company, which promotes and trains aspiring Tejano musicians.
Suzette and Selena Quintanilla’s Close Relationship as Sisters.
I plan on being present. waiting in the wings” In the midst of Selena’s anxiety as she prepared to embark on her solo career and subsequent tour, her sister Suzette offered these words of reassurance.
- Suzette, like she is portrayed in the story, was there for her sister every step of the way.
- Suzette supported her sibling in every creative endeavour, from clothing design to music.
- But Suzette was dissatisfied with her sister’s choice of a boyfriend: Selena Y.Los Dinos musician Chris Perez.
Conserving Selena’s Memory
- After the passing of her sister, Suzette quit playing the drums. She took action to save Selena’s cherished recollections.
- She was in charge of Selena’s memorial museum, which detailed her career in the music business and celebrated her many accomplishments.
- Since purple is her sister’s favourite colour, Suzette suggested making the museum’s carpet that colour, and filling it with rose scents.
- Suzette is also quite vocal in her support of shows and other media that honour her sister’s memory.
Suzette’s Work on Selena’s Clothing and Cosmetics Line
- Suzette Quintanilla’s priorities after Selena’s death included launching a clothes, makeup, and perfume brand.
- Suzette is responsible for MAC Cosmetics releasing a Selena-branded makeup range.
A List of all of Suzette Quintanilla’s Various Online Monikers
The famous individual has a strong online presence across many social media and other online venues.
Excellent Examples of Suzette Quintanilla’s Writing
Suzette has contributed to numerous albums, films, television shows, etc., during her career. Some of them, though, are among her finest. Among these are:
- Alpha (Album, 1986)
- Preciosa (Album,1988)
- Howdy, Flower (Song. 1992)
- Selena (Movie, 1997)
- The Series Adaptation of Selena ( Netflix Series, 2021)
Quotes by Selena Quintanilla
The nicest thing about Selena Quintanilla is the way she puts things: “The difference is that the series is about the true journey of us being a family, fighting to comprehend and figure out this musical part of us that we didn’t know that we had.”
The story is what matters to me, and there is no one else on Earth who will look exactly like you. It all comes down to what you can give in terms of the story’s central theme. Like, “Why was this song made or why this?”
“This series is really about all the questions, the tiny things that Selena’s fans have been asking throughout the years. It’s not so much about seeking fame and fortune as it is about sharing the whole story of our journey in the hopes of inspiring those who are setting off on their own adventures.
Whatever their aspirations may be, they should realise that this was not an overnight success. That’s not how it went down. We struggled as a family for many years and had to overcome many obstacles to reach to this point before she was snatched from us.
Advice from Suzette Quintanilla
Inspiring life lessons from her story include:
- Positive Ideas Our minds hold the power to unlock the door to our future. Even if you put in a lot of time and effort, it won’t amount to much if you’re not also thinking clearly.
- Success in anything is directly proportional to the amount of optimism and forward momentum you bring to the endeavour. Thus, keeping a good mindset is vital.
- Remaining self-motivated No one else save yourself can serve as a source of inspiration. Keeping yourself motivated while you work toward your objective is essential.
Suzette Quintanilla, an American artist, has Mexican ancestry. Sister Quintanilla plays drums for Selena and the Dinos. She always had a passion for music, but it really started when she was little. The band “Los Dinos” was where she made her debut as a performer.
By the time she was a teenager, her father had opened his first Tex-Mex restaurant, and the whole family had begun performing together. Suzette Quintanilla’s net worth is expected to be around $3 million as of August 2022.